My wildflower patch now has many pretty blooms. But as luck would have it, the breeze has not settled down in two weeks, and the sun has been blazing. So I took matters into my own hands and moved the operation indoors (again).
While it pained my to snip such beautiful and vibrant flowers, I selected a variety of colors and sizes and brought them indoors. I am not sure what these flowers are, but their stems oozed a yellow sap which made me very itchy. I hope I am not covered with a rash when I show up for work on Monday.
I used the same technique that I blogged about last year. I pulled out my trusty light-pad, got my $7 gooseneck desk lamp, put a macro lens on my camera and set up my tripod. I spent quite a bit of time, trying to get the arrangement right within the frame. I decided to buy some books on flower arranging. I think it will really help in projects like this. To get the specifics check out my post: Photography Project 52: Week 38 – Photographing Flowers Using High-Key.